'OCR' Machine Learning Engineer
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the Role:
The ML Engineering team embodies these values and works with a laser focused objective to enable intelligent systems for end users, internal stakeholders, and external partners. We are looking for an OCR Machine Learning Engineer to contribute to this vision and reap the rewards of joining an exciting company in the high growth phase.
Your focus will be on developing pipeline frameworks, micro-services, and infrastructure solutions that can scale to match the company’s growth trajectory. We don't lock ourselves into particular technologies, but some we are currently using include AWS, Snowflake, Python, Kafka, Lambda, CloudFormation, Docker, PyTorch, Kubernetes, and Sagemaker. You’ll also get to join a team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from software development to DevOps to analytics. Success in this role requires the ability to analyze challenging problems, propose solutions under the guidance of experienced teammates, and implement designs within timeframes that keep up with business needs.
- Excellent programming skills (we use a lot of Python in this problem space but proficiency in other languages are equally welcome)
- Solid SQL skills
- Experience productionalizing and working with computer vision models
- Knowledge of deployment architectures (on device, off device, etc…)
- Familiarity with Unix systems, shell scripting, and Git
- Experience developing solutions on cloud services or infrastructure (we’re 100% AWS)
- Experience with relational (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), and/or object data stores (some technologies we use include Snowflake, MongoDB, S3, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- The desire to work with other teams in the organization (e.g., Data Science, Software Development, DevOps) to build tools and solutions that enable the training and deployment of machine learning enabled services within the Fetch ecosystem
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- At least 10 years of relevant full-time work experience
Bonus Points For:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with open source software and dependency management
- Machine learning model development, particularly with transformers and other models developed in PyTorch
- Cloud engineering and DevOps skills (e.g., AWS, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes)
- ETL process, data pipeline, and/or microservice development experience
- Familiarity with messaging and asynchronous technologies (e.g., Kafka, SQS, Kinesis, RabbitMQ)
At Fetch, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure through:
- Stock Options for everyone
- 401k Match: Dollar-for-dollar match up to 4%.
- Benefits for humans and pets: We offer comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for everyone including your pets.
- Continuing Education: Fetch provides ten thousand per year in education reimbursement.
- Employee Resource Groups: Take part in employee-led groups that are centered around fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace through events, dialogue and advocacy. The ERGs participate in our Inclusion Council with members of executive leadership.
- Paid Time Off: On top of our flexible PTO, Fetch observes 9 paid holidays, including Juneteenth and Indigenous People’s Day, as well as our year-end week-long break.
- Robust Leave Policies: 18 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 12 weeks for secondary caregivers, and a flexible return to work schedule.
- Hybrid or Remote Work: Collaborate with your team in one of our stunning offices in Madison, Birmingham, or Chicago. We’ll ensure you are equally equipped with the hardware and software you need to get your job done in the comfort of your home. You can be remote if you are not local to these offices!
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.