Automation and Intelligence (AI) Practice Lead, US West Water
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is actively seeking a visionary Automation and Intelligence (A&I) Practice Leader for the West Region Water. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for spearheading the development, evolution, and execution of our strategy to become a leader in digital water management. This encompasses driving the growth of our process automation advisory and implementation services within the US West Region Water business line.
Here in the AECOM Water Business, we provide a more efficient future for the most precious of substances…
Keep it flowing, safe, viable, and sustainable: the water industry, with its responsibility for the one thing that supports all life, bears the heaviest digital business transformation burden of all. At Digital
Balancing the world’s need for safe, reliable water with protecting this critical natural resource for the future requires a deep understanding of interconnected systems.
For additional information please visit: DigitalAECOM - Water
About Digital @AECOM
As a member of the regional Water growth team, you will work with leaders from around the West region to define and position our process automation services, to share best practices, to leverage global capabilities and to support global opportunities and projects. While services and solution management will be set globally, they will be tailored for implementation within the region, Water business line, and for each client.
This role will work closely with regional leadership to build and expand the impact of our growing team of process automation professionals in the Water market.
Team Leadership and Strategic Practice Development:
- Build, develop and lead a specialized team in process automation, instilling a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Mentor team members, enhancing their skills and knowledge in process automation technologies and solutions.
- Assess market trends and team capabilities to position AECOM at the forefront of the process automation sector.
Technical Expertise and Solution Design:
- Architect and design advanced control system structures, including PLC and HMI architectures, control system and enterprise networks, and data storage and presentation systems.
- Provide expert technical analysis and recommendations for technology selection, ensuring alignment with client needs and project criteria.
Client Engagement and Business Development:
- Lead and facilitate client workshops, training sessions, and presentations to showcase AECOM's process automation capabilities and convey technical designs and evaluations
- Strengthen and expand client relationships with tailored and innovative process automation solutions.
- Drive regional process automation bids within the Water sector and support cross-business line initiatives.
Project Management and Quality Oversight:
- Oversee technical delivery teams to ensure projects adhere to scope, budget, and quality standards.
- Serve as the lead discipline authority or project manager on key process automation projects.
- Implement and oversee QA/QC processes, ensuring the highest standards of quality in all deliverables, and document quality control measures and outcomes.
Communications, Documentation, and Strategic Alignment:
- Produce comprehensive documentation, including reports, technical memos, standards, plans, and specifications related to process automation implementations.
- Develop and disseminate internal and external communications that align with AECOM's broader digital services and Water business line strategies.
- Understand the broader digital services offering and Water business line strategies to develop messaging and marketing material that aligns with process automation services.
- BA/BS + 10 years of relevant experience in process automation system planning, design, implementation or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 2 years of leadership.
- Experience in automation systems cutover, migration, and construction including the physical hardware and software/programming integration.
- Demonstrated strong group management and design/project management skills.
- Ability to focus on group and project needs while balancing multiple priorities to include but not limited to project management, planning, and construction management services.
- Successful marketing, proposal writing, project budgeting, proposal management, and public presentations experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and written report preparation.
- Demonstrated experience in the water industry markets with experience in technology planning and implementation for water and wastewater utilities, public municipalities, federal government, and private industrial and mining organizations.
- Experience in architectural, engineering, or construction or other associated infrastructure professional consulting industries
- Experience in data analytics, historical data analysis, and process optimization of water and wastewater processes.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as a positive, energized and adaptable team member.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and influence senior leaders.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to champion and drive ideas/programs/solutions.
- Well established ability to translate and liaison between business level problems and challenges to highly technical digital solutions and architectures.
- Strong ability to develop messaging and marketing materials to translate highly technical offerings and solutions into broader, layman’s proposal messaging.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to work under pressure and prioritize effectively.
- Able to demonstrate passion, energy and drive, especially in the face of resistance.
- Sponsorship opportunities for US employment authorization are not available for this position.
- Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position typically is $150,000 - $180,000. Please note that this role can be anywhere in the United States and compensation data will vary in each location, including higher or lower the range.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absences, voluntary benefits, perks, U.S and global well-being programs, employee assistance program, business travel insurance, service recognition awards, retirement savings plan, and employee stock purchase plan.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Full Time
- data quality
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.