Camera AI Research Engineer
(At the end of the fixed-term contract period, there is a possibility to extend depending on the team’s budget, requirement and your performance.)
This position is based in Tampere and will sit with our Camera AI Solutions division, which has solid track record in both innovation and publication. We have delivered significant contribution to current market devices. Camera devices designed by us are used by 100s of millions of customers worldwide. Huawei offers opportunities to learn from the best in the mobile industry. Our work environment is international and the opportunity to develop your skills and competences is endless.
Are you ready for the challenge?
As our Camera AI Research Engineer, you will be innovating to go beyond the state-of-the-art AI algorithms for imaging. You will be developing novel solutions to answer tomorrow’s challenges in machine vision and photography. You will collaborate with companies and universities to come up with new high consumer value solutions. Naturally, you will work with a world class team inside Huawei to build a proof of concept to test the ideas in practice.
A snapshot of your main responsibilities:
- Implement new algorithms to push the boundaries of the mobile imaging technologies
- Develop prototype and demonstrate proof of novel AI and imaging concepts
- Stay on top of the latest AI algorithms and imaging technologies by proactively exploring the latest and greatest in the field
- Identify potential collaborations with other research units inside and outside of Huawei
- Design and develop cutting-edge computational photography, image/video enhancement, ISP pipeline algorithms
- Develop AI solutions for real world imaging problems
- Generating IP, including patents and publications in top journals and conferences
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Recent PhD in computer vision, machine learning, signal/image processing, or associated discipline.
- If you are a PhD student but would graduate within 6-12 months, you would be considered for an internship position first.
- Deep understanding of the theory behind the machine learning methods and imaging technologies
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proven track record in design and implementation of innovative solutions with strong publication record at top conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ICCV, NeurIPS, SIGGRAPH, etc.
- Strong competency in Python and deep learning libraries
- Good communication skills to brainstorm new ideas with a team and to report research findings and results clearly
- Fluent in English
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.