Content Design Director (GenAI)
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting, and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting, and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
Come join a team leading the AI transformation of a 100,000-person company!
As Director, Content Design, you provide leadership to the Content Design practice by understanding, applying and disseminating content best practices as part of a larger, cross-functional team. Our directors provide insight and guidance on any of our skill areas (Content Strategy, Content Operations, Content Engineering, and Copywriting), with a specialization in one or more of them. For this role, you are highly proficient in Taxonomy strategy, creation, and management, and initially you will be working on a program to AI-ify a large, complex creative, media, and technology company.
More generally, you help to lead the overall content efforts for your clients’ cross-channel content initiatives. You collaborate with creative and technical teams as well as subject matter experts across product lines, brands, and/or regions to understand and help support strategic business objectives and customer requirements by:
- Providing senior strategic support to clients by building relationships and becoming a trusted partner
- Leading the team in breaking down client needs, redefining their content problems, and identifying or designing solutions
- Estimating, planning, proposing/pitching and general support of business development
- Building and leading partnerships across disciplines to ensure content design is positioned properly within and across work tracks
- Leading content assessment activities. Providing content revision/creation recommendations that help the business and its customers achieve their goals (based on brand documentation, competitive assessments, audience segmentation, SEO data, and site metrics)
- Generating and/or overseeing an inventory of relevant client content assets
- Creating and/or reviewing site structure and nomenclature for the most intuitive presentation of content, usually partnering with UX
- Leading the creation of taxonomy and tagging strategies
- Ensuring content is structured properly for any relevant backend systems including CMS, DAM, eCommerce and/or PIM
- Contributing to technical system evaluations (such as CMS, DAM, and/or PIM) from a content perspective in terms of requirements
- Advocating for inclusive content design and accessibility
- Establishing and/or maintaining editorial standards and accuracy/quality of content
- Creating and/or implementing an editorial calendar to align site releases with product launches, seasonal promotions, and more
- Overseeing content migration and creating or reviewing associated documentation
- Contributing to definition and management of, as well as periodic updates to, content governance and workflow (including content creation, content entry, publication, and decommission) as well as localization strategies
- Responsible for management of, as well as periodic updates to, personalization and content tagging strategies for the site
- Providing direction and feedback for other content designers on a project
- Optimizing ways of working within a project team, including adopting agile methodologies
- Excelling at storytelling, communication, presenting, and facilitating discussions with executive level stakeholders
- Managing 2-4 mid-level content designers
- Contributing to the leadership and development of the Content Design craft within Publicis Sapient
- 8+ years’ experience in digital content strategy, content design, or similar
- Experience leading content or cross-functional teams
- Agency or consulting experience a plus
Benefits of Working Here:
- Health and Wellness Benefits like Leaves, Insurance, Employee Assistance
- Statutory benefits
- Lifestyle and Financial Planning Benefits
- Learning, Upskilling & Growth Opportunities
- Flexi Work Policy
Pay Range: $165,000 - $200,000
The range shown represents a grouping of relevant ranges currently in use at Publicis Sapient. Actual range for this position may differ, depending on location and specific skillset required for the work itself.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.