Title: Data Analyst
Location: Southfield, MI
Job Type: Full-time with Benefits
Who We Are
For more than 25 years, MSX International has been a dedicated partner to leading automotive brands around the world. We support them in transforming their businesses and in managing their operations across the areas of Customer Experience, Repair Optimization, Learning and Insights. We focus on helping our clients generate more value for their customers. With over 5,000 employees based in more than 80 countries worldwide, our teams provide industry leading expertise. We have combined our deep industry expertise with cutting-edge technology solutions to help our automotive clients increase revenue and reduce cost, while enhancing operational efficiency and improving customer satisfaction. Our goal is to help our customers reach their full potential and to excel as their global partner of choice.
This position is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining business data and statistical models that allow for insights into customer data. This is a Technical Data Analyst role. Candidate would be expected to help develop analytic reports and dashboards for existing business and new opportunities.
What Your Day-to- Day Responsibilities Include:
- Develop insightful KPI reporting dashboards to drive decision-making and performance tracking
- Develop reports and dashboards via data mining analytics and reporting tools
- Prepare analytics reports in presentation form
- Assist in developing sound data ETL practices and processes
- Conduct research and analyze special studies when needed
- Create and update documentation of process flows and business rules
- Maintain current reports up to date and process large amounts of data as needed
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or relevant discipline
- 1-3 years of automotive operations experience, or similar business (quick-paced environment)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Kibana, etc.)
- SQL skills for querying relational databases
- Experience with complex data analysis
- Performing data manipulation and statistical analysis
- Strong analytical skills with ability to understand and communicate the meaning of the data being presented
- Excellent Mathematical/Statistical and Logic skills
- Excellent Reasoning skills
- Multi-dimensional reporting, data correlation, data analytics and data mining
- Previous external client facing experience
- Experience with ETL tools (SSIS, Alteryx, KNIME, etc.)
- Knowledge Retention - In order to provide the highest quality of work, analysts must be able to learn and memorize a large amount of information.
- Detail Oriented – Analysts must be able to focus on the details in order to identify and isolate issues.
- Organizational Skills – Analysts must be organized and able to keep track of multiple projects at once.
- Flexibility - Analysts must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and follow changes in priority level.
- Speed - Must be able to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing the quality of their work.
- Solutions Oriented - Must be able to find workable solutions for any problems they might face.
- Full Professional Proficiency in English is required
- Able to complete advanced statistical analysis is required
- Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Call, video, email, message and communicate with dealers and co-workers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MSXi is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability.
Please note, MSXi did not provide any salary data for this position. If there is a salary range included in the posting the data was estimated by the job posting site and does not reflect our company's actual salary ranges. Actual starting salaries are determined based on job requirements and level of experience.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.