Generative AI Architect
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Platform provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: C3 AI
C3 AI is looking for a seasoned software architect experienced in machine learning and artificial intelligence, passionate about Generative AI technology, and interested in building next-generation software platforms.
As a member of C3 AI’s Generative AI team, you will be tasked with developing the infrastructure and tools to improve the state-of-the-art and enable the use of this game-changing technology in our enterprise applications. You will collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and other engineers and be one of the leads responsible for the software architecture and software engineering lifecycle. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and highly collaborative environment, and demonstrate an ability to execute precisely and quickly. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with putting large scale AI systems in production and a solid understanding of Large Language Models.
- Articulate, guide, and shape product architecture decisions.
- Build systems and tools that enable and simplify the use of Generative AI technologies in our applications using the C3 AI Platform.
- Enable scalable end-to-end machine learning pipelines in a distributed system with heterogeneous hardware (GPUs, TPUs, etc.).
- Work with data scientists to research and implement latest approaches to efficiently train/fine-tune Generative Models.
- Work with platform engineers to enhance our capabilities for large scale training and inference (code optimization, distributed multi-node/multi-GPU, optimized cluster configuration, etc.).
- Work with product owners to define and lead the long-term development of the C3 Generative AI Suite.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, or similar quantitative field.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in a fast-paced software company.
- Thorough knowledge of data structures, algorithms, profiling/optimization, DRY code, and Object-Oriented and Functional Programming.
- In-depth understanding of machine learning including deep learning algorithms.
- Proven track record of applying deep learning algorithms in a production system.
- Demonstrated interest in Generative AI technology (e.g., projects with technologies like LangChain, Semantic Kernel, ChatGPT Plugins, etc.).
- Demonstrated end-to-end ownership of projects.
- Stellar listening and explanation skills.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future company sponsorship.
C3 AI provides excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous equity plan.
California Pay Range
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.