Generative AI Platform Engineer
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Roles & Responsibilities
Meet your team
Intelligent Enterprise Solutions (IES) is the internal IT organization for SAP. Our purpose is to CREATE, BUILD, and RUN the Intelligent Enterprise by providing customer-centric insights and technologies. IE Innovation, Technology & Data (ITD) is our technology backbone and drives all aspects of innovation, architecture, mobile experience, intelligent technologies, platforms, data, and development tools.
As a Generative AI Engineer at GenAI CoE, you'll join our expansive Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data (DAB) division within the ITD Technology Services department. Collaborate with a global team of AI engineers, scientists, and product managers based in Europe, India, and Singapore. This role presents an unparalleled opportunity to thrive in a stimulating, innovative, and continuous learning atmosphere, while playing a pivotal role in shaping the future Intelligent Enterprise driven by AI technologies.
What you’ll do
- Work alongside a team of AI scientist, engineers, product owners, and domain experts.
- Co-develop Large Language Model Platform-as-a-Service with product engineering teams
- Develop generic services to support applications powered by Generative AI
- Maintain production system to ensure high availability and performance
- Perform root cause analysis to resolve system issues
- Experiment with different Large Language Model deployments, e.g. OpenAI, LLaMA, PaLM2, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in machine learning and GenAI technologies, and evaluate their potential applications in business processes.
What you bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 0-3 years of experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in enterprise production environment.
- Proficiency in development tools such as Git.
- Proficiency in backend application development using NodeJS or FastAPI.
- Proficiency in deployment tools such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to work independently with ownership, and as part of a team with strong sense of responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Generative AI (e.g. ChatGPT, Claude 2, Stable Diffusion) with both prompt engineering and API.
- Experience with SAP UI5 or Open UI5 is a plus.
- Experience with app deployment on SAP Business Technology Platform is a plus.
- experience working in Agile settings (e.g. tools like Jira) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
We build breakthroughs together
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
We win with inclusion
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Careers@sap.com
For SAP employees: Only permanent roles are eligible for the SAP Employee Referral Program, according to the eligibility rules set in the SAP Referral Policy. Specific conditions may apply for roles in Vocational Training.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID: 384639 | Work Area: Information Technology | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Graduate | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: #LI-Hybrid.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.