Lead AI/ML Engineer
About Cere Network
Since its launch in 2019, the Cere team has consistently anticipated the difficulties that the present systems would encounter, now highlighted by the swift advancements of AI and the accompanying surge in data. With companies using multiple vendors causing data fragmentation that complicates AI integration, Cere is presenting itself as an objective, open-source solution, with a clear vision: All data should be decentralized. Unequivocally.
Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon. For more info, see: www.cere.network
At Cere, we're not just hiring for roles; we're seeking a specific blend of qualities. We value those who excel in our fast-paced environment, embracing methodical, simulation-driven development and a first-principle thinking approach.
Our team members uphold high standards, discipline and a growth mindset that fuels ongoing learning and process refinement. Exceptional written communication is a must, as we rely on tools like Notion, Slack, and Wiki to ensure organized, transparent collaboration.
We prioritize autonomy and goal orientation, fostering a culture of accountability and transparency. Our ecosystem thrives on supportive, challenge-driven teamwork, a driving force behind Cere’s rapid innovation.
We're drawn to individuals with character, high standards, and the ability to build and optimize efficient habits. A growth mindset and commitment to collective success underscore our team dynamics as we aim to nurture a larger ecosystem of collaboration and progress.
We're more than just a collection of job titles - we're a team of high-achieving, multicultural professionals based around the globe. With offices in cities like San Francisco, New York, Warsaw, Amsterdam, and Berlin, we provide a flexible, remote working environment rooted in a specific ethos that each one of us embodies. Our teams often travel to meet in person every 1-2 months, enriching our remote interactions and cultivating the bonds that make our work productive and enjoyable.
In this pivotal role at Cere AI, the AI/ML Scientist will be responsible for spearheading a range of initiatives aimed at bolstering data security and enhancing the capabilities of Large Language Models (LLMs). You will co-architect cryptographic solutions with a focus on ZKproof technologies, collaborate closely with the machine learning community to integrate these cryptographic features into LLMs, and develop secure protocols for confidentially sharing trained models. Your expertise will also be crucial in conducting security audits to identify vulnerabilities and in providing secure APIs for third-party integrations. Additionally, you will lead research on emerging cryptographic technologies and offer expert advice to data owners on assessing model credibility while serving as a subject matter expert in both customer and internal settings.
- Collaborate with the machine learning engineers community to integrate cryptographic features into existing and future Large Language Models (LLMs).
- Develop secure protocols that allow for the confidential sharing of trained models between data analysts and data owners.
- Perform comprehensive security audits to identify and address vulnerabilities in LLM architectures and cryptographic implementations.
- Work with engineering teams to provide secure APIs for third-party integrations, facilitating safe interactions between data owners and analysts.
- Lead research initiatives to explore emerging cryptographic technologies, such as Homomorphic Encryption, Multi-Party Computation, and Secure Enclaves, that could enhance the security of our platform.
- Offer expert advice to data owners on assessing the credibility and effectiveness of trained models in the marketplace.
- Serve as a cryptography subject matter expert in customer engagements, internal training sessions, and industry events.
The ideal candidate will hold a Ph.D. with a focus on cryptography and machine learning and have at least 5 years of relevant experience. You should be skilled in, Large Language Models and Natural Language Processing. Proficiency in programming languages like Python, excellent problem-solving abilities, and strong communication skills are also essential.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field with a focus on machine learning.
- Experience with Large Language Models, their applications, and associated security risks.
- Strong proficiency in Natural Language Processing (NLP), including familiarity with the latest research and techniques.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills for navigating complex systems.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of translating complicated topics in an understandable manner for a broad audience.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to or leading cryptography-focused projects in a professional setting.
Nice to have
- Expertise in Zero-Knowledge Proofs (ZKproof) and associated cryptographic technologies like Homomorphic Encryption and Secure Multi-Party Computation.
- Programming skills in languages such as Python, Rust or Golang
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.