Machine Learning Engineer (L5) - Content & Media ML Foundations
Netflix is revolutionizing the entertainment industry with world-class technology. We serve 247+ million members across 190+ countries, delivering great movies & TV shows every month in 30+ languages. To meet our members’ entertainment needs, Netflix has invested in scaled Content Production & Promotion workflows. With assistance from creative supervision and member feedback data, we have built tools & processes that use technologies like Computer Vision, Graphics, Machine Learning & Generative Algorithms to enable our creators to tell the best version of the story they want while allowing our studio to scale further.
The Content & Media ML Foundations team, within Data Science and Engineering, is responsible for foundational R&D initiatives shaping the future of content production and promotion at a global scale. Using rich multi-modal data (text, video, audio, images), we build ML models and capabilities (such as customized generative methods and multi-modal embeddings enabling unique content understanding), that are high leverage and unlock impact across Netflix.
We are looking for an experienced ML Engineer to join the team.
- Develop and deploy robust, scalable ML systems that are critical to advancing Netflix’s content understanding, production and promotion workflows.
- Transform research prototypes into high-quality production code, ensuring systems are maintainable, scalable and performant.
- Collaborate with machine learning scientists, data engineers, machine learning platform engineers to define project roadmaps, ensure alignment of goals and drive strong execution.
- Manage the full lifecycle of model development across ETL, training, evaluation, deployment, continuous monitoring and improvement.
- Efficiently and cost-effectively scale up ML solutions to handle Netflix-sized data.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in the field by attending conferences, reading research papers and implementing promising novel ideas that can impact Studio workflows.
- Engage with the ML community, internal and external, to learn, to teach, to contribute to building a great Netflix brand in ML.
- You have a strong foundation in machine learning and deep learning, including embedding methods, supervised and unsupervised learning, and deep learning architectures. You have a track record of deploying ML systems at scale.
- Hands on experience with training large generative models across multiple modalities (text, images, videos).
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field with a focus on machine learning, artificial intelligence or computer vision.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in designing and implementing ML models, particularly in the areas of natural language processing, audio and video understanding.
- Strong programming skills in Python and experience with ML/DL frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras or PyTorch.
- You have a strong track record of solving complex problems with innovative solutions. You are able to both develop novel algorithms and to adapt existing methods from the literature to new challenges.
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of explaining complex technical details to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are collaborative and thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments, contributing positively to the team and company culture.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $150,000 - $750,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.