Marketing Data Analyst
Are you ready to be a big part of something big?
At carsales, we're all about making buying and selling a great experience. For 25 years we’ve been evolving with the new economy to help people choose how they move today and tomorrow.
When it comes to your career, we want to provide big opportunities to help you make a big impact. But for this to be possible, we strive to feel small. Small enough to quickly change tack, small enough to learn from different departments and small enough to connect authentically with leadership.
Not something you’d expect from one of the country’s biggest tech companies, is it?
And one of the best parts? We give you the autonomy to choose the working location that best suits your lifestyle – Office, Hybrid or Anywhere.
What’s on offer:
- A place where you can move your career forward, where you’ll be continuously backed to make new ideas happen, and the chance to do work that makes real, significant impact in the world.
- We’re proud to be recognised as one of Australia’s Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, an AFR BOSS Best Place to Work, a Family Friendly Workplace, and WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
- The support of a highly engaged, high-performing team including a leadership team that you’ll actually have face time with.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, four weeks paid secondary caregivers leave, six weeks paid gender affirming care leave.
What you will do
This is your opportunity to join carsales as a Marketing Data Analyst. This position will play a pivotal role in understanding, analysing and reporting on customer behaviour and transactional data, which is to be used to make data-informed decisions.
The Marketing Data Analyst will support the broader marketing team – digital, consumer, commercial, content, customer – by generating actionable business and marketing insights, and regular reporting. This role will be required to collaborate with other teams across the business, such as the data and product teams, to gather insights that can be leveraged for marketing purposes. Ability to prepare, transfer and visualise data is pivotal to this role.
The ideal candidate is passionate about data and generating actionable insights. They will be curious in nature,and be constantly asking “why” and be comfortable challenging the status quo.
- Use data to identify opportunities and/or problems and the risk vs reward.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the problems they’re facing and what data and insights can be provided to solve for the problems.
- Through data, proactively seek out opportunities, whether new or improvements, and present to relevant stakeholders.
- Regular reporting against Marketing KPIs.
- Writing SQL queries to extract data from multiple and various data sources.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and interpret the analytics results and provide actionable business insights.
- Develop clear and concise visualizations to help stakeholders understand the data, its value and impact.
- Leverage data to inform financial decisions in marketing, such as allocation of budget through marketing mix modelling techniques.
- Review, analyse and produce data driven attribution methodologies.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated inclusive and interpersonal attributes that connect you to our behaviours (we change the game, we own it, we step in, we are curious, we don’t take ourselves too seriously).
- Experience using SQL to work with data.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake, Redshift or BigQuery is a plus.
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as ThoughtSpot, Tableau, Looker Studio and Power BI.
- Ability to use large scale data platforms such as Google Analytics 360 and /or similar reporting platforms, such as Adobe Analytics, Appsflyer and Adjust.
- Experience in data driven attribution modelling or marketing mix modelling would be valued.
- Expertise in tag management, from structuring tags, and implementing tags through tools such as Google Tag Manager or Adobe Launch.
- Ability to launch, analyse and report on a/b tests and conversion rate optimisation initiatives managed through tools such as Optimizely, Adobe Target, Maxymiser.
A few other things we want to let you know about...
- carsales is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a candidate with a disability or you need some adjustments to be at your best, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer, including part time work. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process - if you want to know more just ask.
- We are a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer which means we are committed to responding to every job applicant.
- Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.
So come and join our team - because every role is a big role in our plans to go big.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.