Principal AI Engineer
SearchStax is a leading cloud-native search platform enabling web teams to deliver powerful search in an easy, fast, and cost-effective way. We are on a mission to make powerful search easy for enterprises across the globe. Our products are used by 600+ brand-name customers. The search market is growing fast. We feel we are uniquely positioned to continue to lead the search market for many years to come.
Our team is composed of smart, driven subject matter experts who love to collaborate and solve problems in new / creative ways. We value the importance of bringing diverse backgrounds and interests to the collaboration process. We prioritize work-life balance and strive to promote an energizing and healthy environment. We are self-funded, profitable, and flat by design.
- Lead Humbly
- Results Focused
- Customer Obsession
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Innovation and Continual Improvement
About the Role
We’re hiring a Principal AI Engineer. Your mission over the first 12-18 months will be to build and deliver cutting edge AI-powered search experiences. We work on tight-knit teams and give our engineers lots of latitude to solve problems in new and interesting ways. Our team is filled with smart, collaborative, kind people who value growth and learning. We are flat by design. We avoid red-tape, move quickly and get things done. If this sounds like you, let’s talk!
What You Will Do
- Build and deploy customer-facing search-centric AI systems such as:
- RAG-based Question Answering
- Keyword Extraction
- Intelligent Query Expansion for Search
- Topic Identification
- Named Entity Recognition
- RAG-based Question Answering
- Collaborate with product owners, QA, co-developers, and help other members of the engineering team
- Implement Cloud DevOps best practices and mentor others
- Be a great teammate and contribute to a strong engineering culture
What You Must Have
- Strong communication skills, the ability to collaborate with others, and get things done
- 8-10+ years experience in AI, ML, or a related field, with a proven track record of success working on AI/ML projects
- A deep understanding of AI methodologies, including neural networks, natural language, LLMs, prompt engineering, etc
- Proficient in Java and Python
- Strong knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes. Proficiency in Python, Java, and shell scripting
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or a related field
- Technical leadership experience; ideally, experience mentoring others as well
- Bonus points for research contributions focused on AI, ML, or a related topic
What's In It For You
- 🌍 Remote-First: We're a diverse team spanning the United States and India, with collaborative workspaces in Los Angeles, CA and Boston, MA.
- 💰 Competitive Compensation & Stock Options: We want you to share in our success. As a team member, you'll have the chance to become a shareholder.
- 🌱 401k Match: We offer a 4% match on 401k contributions to help you save for the future.
- 💉 Healthcare Benefits: Your health matters! We've got you covered with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans. Best of all, we foot the bill for 100% of employee-only premiums on select plans.
- 🌴 Paid Time Off: We value work-life balance. Enjoy 18 days of paid time off annually, plus 8 paid holidays.
- 🚀 Exciting Growth Opportunities: We are building cutting-edge open source and cloud technology. There is no shortage of opportunities to innovate and grow your career.
- Base Salary: The initial base salary for this role is estimated to range from $170,000 - 200,000.
- Salary Structure: Our salary ranges are determined by market analysis and are designed to evolve with job performance over time.
- Additional Benefits: Beyond base salaries, SearchStax employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, with potential for equity and performance-based bonuses.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that SearchStax upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company.
SearchStax is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification on or before the first day of work. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go tohttps://www.e-verify.gov/.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.