Senior AI programmer
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Southeast Asia’s largest AAA game development studio with 450 talented team members representing 30+ nationalities. Opening its doors on the sunny shores of Singapore in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore set off on a vision to be a world class video game studio, and in its subsequent years played an essential role in several gaming blockbusters, including just about every Assassin's Creed® game since Assassin's Creed® II, Immortals Fenyx Rising™, and Ghost Recon Online. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval battle gameplay and water technology, pushed the team to lead the development of a brand-new AAA game franchise – Skull and Bones™.
This Senior AI programmer is responsible for game elements not controlled by the player (ex: NPC/enemy actions and behaviours) that enrich the overall game experience.
- Collect, interpret and analyze the technical feasibility of AI specifications
- Analyze and determine if current AI functionalities in the game engine meet the project’s AI requirements
- Suggest technical improvements while designing and implementing new AI systems
- Collaborate with designers to discuss technical constraints and establish technical solutions for varying AI functionalities
- Propose technical innovations inspired by industry leaders
- Write clear and well structured C++ code while bearing in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements
- Verify and validate that newly developed systems conform to the project’s AI goals without negatively affecting existing code
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Open to a Gameplay Programmer interested in AI.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience programming for video games or related disciplines
- Exposure in working with gaming at any level
- Desirable experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles (not essential)
- The ability to support AI functionalities and systems designed for the production
- Find and fix AI bugs flagged by Quality Control and team members from other disciplines
- Document work to transfer system knowledge allowing users to understand the use of new AI functionalities
- Perform all other related tasks
- Analytical and logical
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to take initiative & keen sense of detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team-oriented & Results driven
We are working to enrich players’ lives through unique and memorable gaming experiences and by improving the positive impacts of our games. To get there, we are creating a safer, more inclusive work environment, we are giving back to the communities where Ubisoft operates by working with local non-profit partners and by working to reduce the environmental impact of our business. We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.