Senior Data Analyst
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a curious, experienced data analyst to bridge between product, clinical, and operational teams. This analyst will be directly embedded on a product team for close collaboration with other technical and clinical experts within a domain.
To succeed in this role, a candidate should have a strong sense of curiosity, a propensity towards action, and a desire to work in agile, flexible teams. In this role, you should feel comfortable working with and advising experienced business executives, technical stakeholders, engineers, product managers, and clinical teams. This analyst could find themself supporting clinical leaders designmember care models, analyzing member intervention experiments, designing user-focused database tables with data engineers, and building new data-based tools to solve complex operational problems all in the same week.
Healthcare data is complex and vast, so you must be excited about sinking your teeth into complex problems, untangling them and carefully communicating your findings across a diverse array of stakeholders. You should have a willingness and desire to learn new technical skills and domain knowledge. Behind every datapoint is a real neighbor, friend, or family member. The Analytics team is responsible for delivering accurate and timely insights and tools to steer our larger care efforts.
If you have a passion for health care data, advising executives on data-driven solutions, driving value with analytical insights, learning new skills, and working with and for folx from all backgrounds and identities, we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- 4 years experience in delivering actionable insights in big data environments resulting in:
- Fluency with SQL for multiple databases (BigQuery, standard MSSQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Teradata)
- An understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience in creating independent testing protocols to ensure accuracy of queries and analyses.
- Ensure data quality and validation and utilize a range of data cleansing techniques to correct both ad hoc and systemic issues.
- A desire to operate in a development environment using GitHub
- 3 years experience with business intelligence tools resulting in:
- A high-degree of familiarity with at least one business intelligence tool (Looker preferred).
- A strong understanding of data visualization best practices both for explanatory and exploratory reporting
- Comfort in creating operational sources of truth, tools, and guides for daily data end users.
- 2 years running experimentation analysis and testing in a business setting resulting in:
- Comfort in running A/B experiments without third-party tooling, generating appropriate sample sizes, and applying appropriate statistical tests.
- 4 years of team-based analytics work experience resulting in:
- Comfort in establishing credibility and trusted working partnerships with cross-company leaders
- Proficiency in both peer coaching and learning roles with other analysts and technical team members
- Comfort in presenting data-driven analyses, insights, and recommendations to executives and large groups
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving skills, curiosity, and a growth mindset
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual’s qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company’s equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $94,800 to $134,200. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock’s medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the health and lives of people around the world, including the vulnerable populations Cityblock serves. As a healthcare provider, Cityblock holds ourselves to the highest standards when promoting the health and safety of those who we serve. Given that the COVID-19 vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight this disease and save lives, Cityblock is implementing a COVID-19 booster mandate for Washington, D.C. employees under the guidance of local/state mandates
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.