Senior Machine Learning Scientist
Coalition is the world's first Active Insurance provider designed to help prevent digital risk before it strikes. Founded in 2017, Coalition combines broad insurance coverage with a digital risk assessment and continuous security monitoring to help organizations protect themselves in today’s hyper-connected world.
Opportunities to make an impact with bold thinking are real - and happening daily.
About the Role
Coalition is looking for a talented and passionate Machine Learning Scientist to join our dynamic AI team. In this role, you will be integral in creating innovative machine learning models and refining existing ones to drive the future of our AI initiatives. You will be working closely with a team of ML scientists and engineers to design and implement cutting-edge solutions that address our unique business challenges.
You'll have the opportunity to work on complex problems in a highly innovative environment, collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to the design, development, and deployment of machine learning algorithms. Your work will directly impact the growth and vision of Coalition, as you help us transform raw data into unique ML applications, pushing the boundaries of AI technology.
- Drive and execute machine learning projects/products end-to-end: from ideation, analysis, prototyping, development, metrics, and monitoring.
- Design and implement ML pipelines for data preprocessing, feature engineering, model training, hyperparameter tuning, and model evaluation, enabling rapid experimentation and iteration.
- Survey and incorporate recent advances in AI/ML research into our set of core capabilities to drive the future of decisioning at Coalition
- Thoughtfully communicate your work and experience in applied machine learning through internal collaborations and mentorship opportunities.
- Contribute and grow the culture of data excellence on our team by bringing mature empathy, best practices, and processes to our organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ph.D. or MS degree in a quantitative or computational field
- 5+ years of full-time work experience leading work to develop and deploy machine learning- and data-based solutions in production.
- Practical and extensive experience in supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods
- Expertise in statistical analysis methods, most notably regression analysis, statistical inference, and forecasting
- Proficiency in SQL and programming in Python
- Comfortable and effective in ambiguous problem spaces; ability to own and drive projects with minimal oversight and process
- Exceptional written and oral communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent knowledge of the theory and practice of generative AI, Large Language Models and RLHF
- Experience with ML frameworks such as: PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc
- Extensive knowledge of MLOps best practices
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker
- Experience in Insurance or Fintech though not required for this role
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The US base salary for this position ranges from $132,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $210,000/year in our highest geographic market. Consistent with applicable laws, an employee's pay within this range is based on a number of factors, which include but are not limited to relevant education, skills, job-related knowledge, qualifications, work experience, credentials, and/or geographic location. Your recruiter can share more on target salary for your location during the interview process. Coalition, Inc. reserves the right to modify this range as needed.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Annual home office stipend and WeWork access
- Mental & physical health wellness programs (One Medical, Headspace, Gympass, and more)!
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
We’re a remote-first, mission-driven team committed to building a more inclusive culture with people of all different backgrounds. We trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership, and put in the work to help us in our pursuit to solve digital risk.
Coalition’s exceptional growth stems from its ability to address real-world problems for organizations of all sizes and remain true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, authenticity, and inclusion. We are proud to have been named among Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2021 and 2023 and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in 2022.
We’re always looking for collaborative, inquisitive individuals to join #OurCoalition.
Visit our Newsroom >
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all individuals seeking employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. We also prohibit harassment or discrimination of applicants based on the above-protected categories. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, demotion, and termination of employment.
Coalition complies with US federal and state disability laws, and our policy is to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, including applicants and employees unless the accommodation imposes an undue hardship. Contact us if you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or participating in the employee selection process.
We consider qualified applicants, regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.