Team Lead, AML Operations
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will have prior AML transaction monitoring and investigations leadership experience in the financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries. You will help manage the establishment of the Transaction Monitoring & AML Investigations team in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia including recruitment, and establishing processes, policies, and procedures/guidelines.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly support the growth and adoption of our products and features while building the AML culture and strategies.
What You'll be Doing:
- Create the strategy to continuously build and mature our AML Operations team. Manage the day-to-day operational and capacity needs, while handling and supporting escalation;
- Manage a team of high-performing AML investigators to conduct daily reviews and triaging of alerts utilizing real-time blockchain analytics monitoring, manual reports or internal/external referrals.
- Review potential matches against various regulatory watchlists and conduct additional research to ascertain validity of matches; escalate potentially suspicious activity to management.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potentially suspicious activity and disposition of adverse news.
- Create and maintain new and existing AML investigations procedures and processes.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to identify areas of potential AML risk and develop appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Develop and deliver AML training programs for employees.
- Work closely with other teams, such as Compliance, Legal, and Risk, to ensure that all AML-related activities are aligned with the company's overall compliance strategy.
- Keep up-to-date with AML-related regulatory developments and industry best practices.
What We Look For in You:
- 3+ years of experience in transaction monitoring and AML with a track record of being strategic, analytical and operational execution oriented.
- 2+ years in people management / leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of AML/CFT/Sanctions, money transmission regulations, and industry best practices.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing TM&AML strategies for optimization and efficiency.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on key business partners and senior management.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-phased, dynamic environment, with the ability to adopt and roll up your sleeves with a “just-do-it” mindset and mentality.
- Natural coach, mentor and leader with commitment to supporting team growth by adopting an effective servant leadership approach with employee engagement strategies.
- Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
Nice to Haves:
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses, financial institution and regulators operate.
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience.
- Prior experience working in a multi-national or matrix environment.
- Familiarity with commonly used transaction monitoring & reporting tool(s), such as Solidus Labs, Chainalysis, or Notabene.
- Relevant industry certifications, e.g. CAMS.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive remuneration package (Basic Salary + Shift Allowance + Annual Increment).
- Meal allowance up to RM 500/ month
- Monthly team building
- RM 2,500 Training & Wellness benefits per annum
- Yearly bonus
- Convenient workplace (5 minutes walk from MRT TRX).
- Insurance coverage for employees & dependants
- Excellent prospects for growth and promotion: We provide you with assistance, opportunities for skill development, mentoring, and training programmes to help you succeed.
- Employee engagement, recognition and appreciation program.
- Multinational working environment: Advance your career by interacting with individuals from various backgrounds, cultures, and nations.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.