Azure Data Engineer
FuelCell Energy is a global leader in decarbonizing power and producing hydrogen through our proprietary fuel cell technology. Our mission is to enable a world powered by clean energy. As an innovator and manufacturer of fuel cell clean power platforms, FuelCell Energy has the only technology in the world capable of capturing carbon from an external source and producing power at the same time. In addition, we offer the only technology in the world capable of producing hydrogen, power and water simultaneously.
The pay for this position ranges from $93,500 - $109,000.
This role will design, develop, and maintain the data processing platform on Azure. The purpose of the data platform is to integrate data across the organization to empower and provide business partners, vendors, and customers with actionable insights. The right candidate will implement best practices using expertise in Azure Data Services to build a scalable, secure, and governed platform.
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage business partners to deeply understand the business requirements for all data transformations.
- Develop pipelines in Synapse that ingest data from a growing number of data sources.
- Implement data quality checks and validation processes to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and integrity.
- Identify, design, and integrate process improvements: automate manual processes, timely data delivery, and re-designing for future use cases.
- Monitor pipeline operations, tasks, resource utilization, and failures.
- Support HA, DR, Backup, and retention policies on all data platforms
- Ensure compliance with IT General Controls, provide needed information in support of audits and to substantiate process and controls compliance.
- Produce documentation for data models, transformations, business rules, and lessons learned that allows other staff members to understand the ingestion process and maintain and troubleshoot it.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: High school education at minimum, bachelor’s degree in technology related major preferred
- Experience: Minimum 10 years of IT experience, with at least 5 years working with cloud based ETL tools
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ Years of experience in Azure Data Platforms (Azure SQL, Storage Accounts, Synapse)
- Hands-on experience with building data pipelines (ETL/ELT).
- Strong experience with data normalization, dimensional modeling, and database optimization.
- Strong experience in performance tuning and monitoring resources.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a high degree of comfort with varying types of audiences.
- Emotional intelligence, flexible work style, and excellent diplomatic skills across all levels of an organization.
- Experience designing and delivering complex solutions on time and with expected quality.
- Experience supporting various compliance and regulatory frameworks.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, work independently, mange time, and deliver on commitments.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Extended sitting and computer work
Equal Opportunity Employer
FuelCell Energy is an equal-opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and safe work environment for people of all backgrounds.
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and generous paid leave.
The successful candidate is required to complete a drug screen, criminal background check, and employment and education verification.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is committed to ensuring that its application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all U.S. job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com or contact us by calling 860-496-2222. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.
NOTE: This dedicated phone line and email address are designed exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be acknowledged. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
No agency submissions please. Resumes submitted to any FuelCell Energy employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the FuelCell Energy Recruiting team for this position will become the property of FuelCell Energy and no agency fees will be paid.
For more information about FuelCell Energy and our available openings, please visit our website: https://www.fuelcellenergy.com/careers
We thank all candidates for their interest in a career with FuelCell Energy. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.