Azure Data Engineer
A little about us.
Born in the Cloud and raised in Manchester, we’re a Cloud first, digital transformation partner for Public Sector and Enterprise clients across the UK. Simply put, Cloud is what we know, and it is who we are. Partnering with Microsoft early on in their Azure development, we were one of the first Microsoft Gold Cloud Partners – and we still are today.
Our products and cloud services have been designed to swiftly inform, confidently plan, and deliver tangible and lasting difference, whilst ensuring that you are in control throughout. This is possible thank to our 4 service offerings - SC: Consult, SC: Deliver, SC: Manage and SC: Innovation.
Why choose Shaping Cloud?
You’ll be joining a community of technically gifted, business savvy and customer focused people who love what they do.
We have a culture first approach to hiring and look to identify our company values in all our people. We want someone that is happy to take ownership, that brings enthusiastic to all they do, someone that is inclusive and finds the value in everyone, that is entrepreneurial and remains relevant and at the forefront of developments and finally someone that will strive for excellence in their role.
We spend around 20% of our lives at work and so it makes sense to try and make that time enjoyable, challenging and rewarding. The key to any successful culture is trust — at Shaping Cloud we ask our clients and partners to trust us and so it is imperative that we replicate that trust internally. Flexible working policies mean that our people are able to work in the way that best suits them and their own family commitments. As a Senior Project Manager you will fundamentally be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects. This will require skilful management of stakeholder expectations to ensure there is no impact to success.
What will be doing?
- Design, develop, and deploy data solutions on the Azure platform using Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, or other relevant technologies.
- Modernise traditional ETL processes such as SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Data Warehouse.
- Implement data modelling and database design best practices to create efficient and scalable data storage structures.
- Implement data quality, governance and data security measures to ensure compliance with organisational and industry standards.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipelines, identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct performance tuning and optimization of SQL queries and data processing workflows.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in Azure data technologies and identify where innovative services may benefit our clients.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, specifically working with Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Experience of using modern Azure data solutions within production environments, to include experience of modernising data layers and data warehouse
- Experience of working within an Azure DevOps project structure (Boards, Repos, Wikis)
- Experienced within requirements elicitation and consultation.
- Expertise within designing and implementing data processing and storage solutions on Azure, such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Cosmos DB.
- Experience with data modelling, database design, and performance tuning in a cloud environment.
What would be desirable?
- DP 203 – Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, SQL, and PowerShell
- Familiarity with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka
- Understanding of data governance, data quality, and data security principles
- 25 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays. (On completion of two complete years’ service, holiday entitlement will increase by 1 day per year up to 28 days (pro rata for part time employees)
- Pension scheme, with contributions made before tax and national insurance deductions
- Flexible working structure – Output based; home based with flexible working arrangements supported enabling family friendly options.
- Access to a shared managed workspace with complimentary refreshments.
- Personal and professional development framework – Each employee has time with our Team Coach to tailor their development plan
- 5 paid study days per year to use to upskill and further your career development
- Welcome pack containing Shaping Cloud merchandise
- Private health care for employees, with option to add dependents. Includes physical and mental health care plans with access to support services.
- Life Insurance
- Monthly social events, plus quarterly in person social events to encourage team connection
- 2 charity days per year to support a community or a cause that matters to you
- Eye care vouchers
At Shaping Cloud, we are intentionally inclusive, which is why it is one of company values. We aim to encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, characteristic or status. If you feel you meet most but not all the requirements, then please still apply because likelihood is that you will still bring your innovation and perspective, which is what diversity and inclusion is all about. As an SME we are proud of our stats:
- 41% of our employees identify as female
- 67% of our Executive team are female
- 44% of all management are female
- 50% of our company board are female
- 95% of employees upskilled themselves in the last 12 months
What is the process?
At Shaping Cloud, we operate a non-bias recruitment and selection process, meaning all identify data is masked during initial shortlisting. We commit to each candidate meeting with a diverse interview panel throughout selection with the promise to hire purely based on merit and skills.
- 3 stage interview process, all held remotely via MS Teams
- Fair and constructive feedback provided to all following an interview
All successful candidates, at the point of offer will be required to undergo a basic DBS check and pre-employment checks in line with BPSS criteria, to include evidencing Right to Work in the UK.
🚀All posts jobs are automatically published on Google Jobs and Indeed , ensuring maximum visibility for your opportunities! 🌟
🌟 Discover Your Dream Job in AI, ML, Data Science, and Big Data! 🧠🐱💻🤖🚗🚀
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.