Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
Wood Mackenzie brand video
This role will form part of the Data team in the Gas & LNG subsegment of the Commodities group and will work closely with our Research and Product functions. The successful candidate will be help solve challenges around data management, pipelines, analysis, and data quality.
The success of this role will require attention to detail, collaboration & problem solving. The core objective is to help deliver value to customers and colleagues by ensuring that data is well-managed and understood and moves efficiently and reliably from source to the point of need. Ensuring we have a supportive and inclusive culture within our team is essential.
- Form a strong understanding of the data landscape, domain and workflows for your business area, customers, and products
- Provide specialist skills in data analysis, visualisation, and data management, delivering new Analytics through connected datasets and integrated pipelines
- Advocate for quality, take responsibility for the ownership or of data and whilst fulfilling complex data requests on time and with high standards
- Identify, prioritise, and document opportunities for efficiency, optimisation, migration or improvement in our systems, processes, and datasets
- Work in an agile, collaborative manner to foster an environment of continuous improvement and incremental delivery, measuring success
- Core user of Data Platform and ensures best practices are applied to utilise or maintain databases, tools, models, and processes solutions from data sourcing to client delivery
- Collaborate with colleagues in Research, Data, Product and Engineering to deliver Data Assets
- Experience in data related roles, demonstrating customer focus and knowledge of core concepts around ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Proficiency with Excel
- Strong skills in relational database systems, with ability to query and analyse data using SQL or other techniques
- Skills in a data visualisation package such as PowerBI would be beneficial
- Worked in areas identifying and applying technology solutions to solve business problems using agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- A keen interest and passion for learning new technologies or data skills like Python, understanding of AWS and APIs is an advantage
- We are a hybrid working company and the successful applicant will be expected to be physically present in the office at least 2 days per week to foster and contribute to a collaborative environment, but this may be subject to change in the future.
- While this is expected to be a full-time role, part-time or flexible working arrangements will be considered.
- Due to the global nature of the team, a degree of flexible working will be required to accommodate different time zones.
“Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values everyone’s contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Inclusive – we succeed together
- Trusting – we choose to trust each other
- Customer committed – we put customers at the heart of our decisions
- Future Focused – we accelerate change
- Curious – we turn knowledge into action
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us: https://www.woodmac.com/careers/our-people/
WoodMackenzie takes your data privacy seriously, please click here to view our privacy notices: Candidate Privacy Notice | Wood Mackenzie | Wood Mackenzie / Candidate Notice - California”
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.