Data Engineer - SQL (Power BI)
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded and motivated developer to join its Corporate Business Systems team which is responsible for developing web-based applications and integrations to support its Consulting division.
What you will do
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, design, build and test modern web-based applications for Gartner Consulting Business.
- Build APIs to integrate upstream and downstream systems of the Consulting application
- Work with Open source technologies and applications using Java technology in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment
- Assist in defining software architectures - Collaborate with leads to explore existing systems, determine areas of opportunities
- Follow coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts and review project artifacts created by peers
- Translate designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
What you will need
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated leaders to join the Conferences Marketing Intelligence & Analytics team. Candidate must have a proven record of successfully leading the BI & analytical team, taking an engineering role in designing, implementing, and evolving innovative capabilities tailored to solve complex scenarios and provide advanced data insights to Gartner Marketing teams.
- 2-4 years of experience in the Design and Development of E2E BI & Analytics projects in a global enterprise environment.
- Strong T-SQL Experience (Root Cause load failures and fix; Hierarchical Query building; ability to review an existing T-SQL code block and quickly figure out code issues)
- Strong technical experience with Power BI, SSAS tabular modelling, and DAX on Azure Platform.
- Proficient in Data warehouse design and BI application development
- Deep understanding of writing SQL code and DAX functions.
Who you are
- Graduate/Post graduate in BE/Btech, ME/MTech or MCA is preferred.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Able to work independently or within a team proactively in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks, and technologies
Don’t meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this, or other roles.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:79628
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
- Data Science
- Full Time
- data analytics
- machine learning
- ml models
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.