Data Engineer Intern
Are you currently a Computer Science or Engineering student with a good understanding of computer science fundamentals? Are you passionate about technology and looking for an exciting internship in summer 2024? Then we would like to hear from you!
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes maths learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Learners of all ages can make language learning natural with immersive visuals and play through our Drops apps. Organisations can connect and engage their work teams with Actimo, our employee engagement platform.
Launched in 2013, Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 300 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.9 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
Working at Kahoot!, you get an opportunity to really impact how millions of people around the world learn, including students, teachers, corporate employees, and families. An internship at Kahoot! can be the start of your dream job and give you a lot of professional development opportunities.
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of more than 500 employees representing 50 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
We’ve been growing steadily over the past year and joined forces with Actimo, Dragonbox, Poio, Drops, Whiteboard, Motimate and Clever. As a group, we’re on a mission to make learning awesome together.
Internship at Kahoot!
We are looking for talented developer interns to join our engineering team. So if you are passionate about technology then this is a great opportunity for you. This is a paid internship and you will have the opportunity to work for a 6-8 weeks internship during summer
You will be part of a talented and flat-structured team that values and encourages developer-led initiatives. You will work cross-functionally with engineers, designers, PMs, and testers on our learning platform, creating new, exciting game features and presentation tools.
As part of our Data Engineering team, you could be working on any of the following:
- Maintaining our existing data pipelines based on Prefect.
- Help the team in the migration to dbt and Dagster, running in Google Cloud.
- Learn how to troubleshoot data pipelines errors and restore functionality.
- Understand the data workflow in a large-scale system like Kahoot!
Our software developers are located in different European countries, amongst others Norway, Denmark, Spain, Poland and France.
If you want to know more about our internship program, please check out our dedicated page on kahoot.com
We're looking for someone who has:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Understands code and the value of unit tests
- Creative problem solver, and detail-oriented
- You love to learn and challenge yourself
- You enjoy working in an international environment
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A demonstrable understanding of functional programming concepts
- A love of computer games and experience making them
- An understanding of reactive programming principles, and how it relates to UI development
- A natural curiosity and love of learning new things
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids and teachers all around the world.
As a fast-growing scale-up company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them – then on to the real fun!
Here are some of the benefits we provide to our team members in the Oslo office:
- A dedicated mentor who will coach you during your internship
- A fast-growing environment
- A new, modern and international office hosting over 50 nationalities
- A social atmosphere
- Free lunch and snacks
- An informal and fun but performance-driven culture
- Great opportunity for further employment
- Opportunity to become a full time employee after the internship
We are looking forward to receiving your motivation letter, CV, transcript of grades and reference letters. Deadline for sending in your application is 29th of September.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.