At Thomas, we envision a world of limitless human potential achieved through deep self-awareness and strong connections among individuals. With over 40 years of experience, we have been at the forefront of providing talent assessment platforms that assist businesses worldwide in recruiting, retaining, and developing exceptional talent.
But now, it's time for a change...
The future of work is undergoing a remarkable transformation, and Thomas is determined to break free from its origins as a "traditional" assessment provider. We are embarking on an exciting and bold journey to redefine how people interact in the workplace, setting new standards for the industry.
Thomas has introduced a new work superpower: Team Interaction Optimisation (TIO). We equip individuals with actionable insights about themselves and each other. TIO empowers every one of us to become a better colleague, teammate, or leader.
We are seeking an Analytical, Innovative, and Process Orientated, Data Engineer to join our Data Science team. Reporting to the Director of Data Science, you will be focused on combining data science & engineering, psychology, and analytics with an experimental mindset to deliver a best-in-class experience for our business. The Data Engineer will be a role that is a key voice in how we ensure that our data is accurate, accessible, and actionable to provide powerful insights and products across the business. We are looking for a motivated, curious, and passionate engineer to work on building our data platform and its pipelines to support the entire Thomas ecosystem.
Our ideal candidate is someone that is passionate about the role data plays in building great products and customer experiences, who loves to explore data in innovative ways to find solutions to complex questions and queries, providing novel and experimental solutions for getting greater value to the hands of our customers as quickly as possible.
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is excited by:
- Building for tomorrow, not solving for today: We have done some nice thinking here but we want someone to help us build a best-in-class solution that we can shout from the rooftops about. We are looking for someone that can help us build data engineering processes that are scalable and that make it ridiculously easy for our data end users to get accessible and actionable insights.
- Getting hands-on with building the pipelines: someone with experience in working with modern distributed computing systems as well as programming languages Python or SQL (or both!) to build resilient, reliable data pipelines in a productionised environment.
- Translating the complex to the accessible: someone that is comfortable with taking the initiative in working with abstract and complex problems and turning them into clear and actionable solutions. Additionally, someone that is able to communicate technical issues and implementations to technical and non-technical audiences throughout the business.
- Empowering and enabling for impact: We want Thomas to be a world-leading data-driven organisation and are looking for someone that will help continue our journey to get there. A big part of this role will be working with Data Science and business units throughout Thomas to understand what questions we need to answer and how we deliver next-generation data and solutions that answer them.
If you are interested in solving problems, using experiments to redefine the status quo, and using data to answer complex questions, then the Data Science team at Thomas could be a great fit for you.
- Strong background in tools and techniques around data querying, data ware-houseing, data orchestration and transformation, and visualisation;
- Proven track record of delivering cloud-native data warehousing solutions for businesses;
- Building robust and scalable pipelines to ingest data from a wide range of cloud-based assets (e.g. Salesforce, Netsuite, Chargebee);
- Experience of Master Data Management and data architecture principles;
- Strong experience in at least one query or programming language (e.g. SQL or Python).
- Experience working with data technologies and systems like Databricks, Delta Lake, Event Hubs (Azure);
- Experience working with data visualisation technologies like ThoughtSpot;
- Comfortable in working across multiple languages – e.g. leveraging SQL and Python to deliver the right solutions for the right problem.
Thomas Perform – Our Talent Assessment Tool
Thomas has revolutionised the way job success is identified. We know, there are limitations in relying solely on CVs, applications, and interviews for predicting success, as they’re often influenced by biases. Here’s where Thomas Perform comes in: a Talent Assessment Tool designed to unveil the true potential of candidates.
A Job Profile has been created by the Hiring Team in Thomas Perform. This identifies the Learning Environment the role will operate in, and the Behaviour and Personality traits required to a be success. Using our Job Profile, Thomas Perform refines your assessments, aligning key factors with job requirements to yield a tailored star rating and interview guide. This allows us to gain insights into candidates, reduces bias, enables us to be crystal clear about the role and the type of candidate we’re looking for and improves the effectiveness of our interviews. Rigorously tested and endorsed by the British Psychological Society, Thomas Perform empowers us to make informed decisions based on valid, reliable insights.
More information on Job Profiling in Thomas Perform can be found here. You also will learn more about Thomas Perform as you progress through the recruitment process.
- Holiday – 20 days per annum (plus an extra day off for your Birthday!)
- Early Finish Friday - Finish at 15:00 all year round
- Bonus - Discretionary non-contractual bonus of 10% based on personal and company performance
- Personalised Feedback Session - with a customer enablement specialist to gain insight into own assessment results
- Dress down policy – other than for client facing meetings where appropriate
- Referral scheme – Substantial fee on offer for a successful referral
- Truly Global business – mix and work with people from different countries and culture
- Employment Assistance Programme - Access to Workplace Options which provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance and is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Perkbox – a communication, health & wellbeing and discount portal, allowing members of Team Thomas to keep up to date with business news, access information on health & wellbeing offerings and access discounts on a wide range of retail products and leisure activities
- Hybrid Working
We Recognise that there is a statutory duty under the Equality Act 2010 for employers to safeguard against discrimination on grounds of disability, and that this applies not only to existing employees but also to potential job applicants.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion permeates throughout everything we do, from our products to our people
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.