Senior Vision Engineer
The Averna experience
Averna delivers industry-leading test solutions and services for communications and electronics device-makers worldwide, accelerating product development, quality and innovation.
- Be global@work: Serve international customers and collaborate with colleagues in Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia.
- Drive innovation@work: Participate in the development of market-leading high-tech products in the Automotive & Transportation, Electric Vehicules, Consumer Electronics, Industrials and Life Sciences.
- Develop your talent@work: Contribute to thrilling projects that will stretch your skills and talent to the maximum.
- Enjoy success@work: Be part of a fast-growing company with award-winning products and team.
- Share your passion@work: Meet passionate people, enjoy our modern environment and dynamic atmosphere.
Opis oferty pracy
Our European engineering team develops a range of custom made in-line and offline test and measurement machines to help customers achieve higher product quality, faster time to market, and greater value from their test system.
Your contribution in this role:
- Responsible for designing, realizing and validating vision system concepts and architecture and the required image processing and analysis
- Design vision test applications and select vision components in function of specifications
- Managing scope, timeline and budget within projects, in consultation with the project manager
- Ownership in project teams
- Using clear, concise and meaningful communications
- Identify, define and mitigate issues, dependencies, and risks related to projects
- Execute national & international interventions
- Deliver sales support by providing concepts, calculations and feasibility studies
- Support activities and initiatives for continuous improvement
- Document and communicate lessons learned in projects
- Practice self-development and promotes learning in others.
The ideal candidate in a few words:
You are able to learn quickly; possess a strong attention to detail; have a willingness to work in an organization committed to high quality products and customer service and you have strong developed communication skills to contribute in a project team.
- A Master degree from an accredited engineering or science program
- Sound experience in machine vision; vision inspection for production and assembly, (optical) measurement systems, image processing
- Knowledge to choose correct camera, lighting and lenses for the desired applications
- Profound experience in vision software
- You have knowledge of fundamentals in designing image analyse algoritmes
- Experience in the realization of algorithms for artificial intelligence or deep learning is a plus
- Experience in Halcon, Cognex, LabVIEW, NI Vision, OpenCV, C/C# or Python is a plus
- Experience in medical validation (GMP, GAMP, FDA regulation, … ) is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in Europe without VISA sponsorship
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to possible problems. You have a strong ownership of responsibilities and you escalate issues when necessary
- You thrive in organizations that adapt and evolve
- You work independently and jump at the opportunity to work with colleagues on projects
- You have strong interpersonal skills. You communicate clearly
Mobility: Up to 25% travel abroad (to customers or other Averna offices)
Multilingual: Fluent in English, written & spoken, German an asset
What do we offer:
- A multinational high-tech work environment
- Team spirit, fun and passion for technology
- Development and training opportunities
- Attractive salary package
- Multisport card
- Pension Plan
- Private medical provider
Averna is committed to employment equity and to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.