AI/ML Research Scientist
Peraton Labs delivers innovative solutions and revolutionary new capabilities to solve the most difficult and complex challenges for government agencies, utilities, and commercial customers. With a distinguished heritage tracing back to Bell Labs, Bellcore, DHPC, and Telcordia, our experts pave the way. Peraton Labs' AI/ML research pushes the envelope of technologies, extends state-of-the-art to produce advanced solutions that are customized to meet the objectives of research sponsors and customers.
- The AI/ML Research Scientist will work with senior research scientists and managers to perform research and development of AI/ML technologies such as natural language processing and generative AI. Candidates are also expected to work with R&D teams to customize and apply developed technologies to problems of interest to our customers.
2 years with BS/BA; 0 years with MS/MA; 6 years with no degree
Skills and Experience you should possess:
- Expertise in one or more programming languages: C. C++. Python
- AI/ML research experience, preferably with academic publications
- Hands-on development experience in AI/ML model building and tuning
- Experience in large language models
- Modern software development practices and toolsets (Git, CI/CD toolchains)
Additional desired skills:
- Machine Learning libraries, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- NLP models and platforms, such as Llama2 and Hugging Face, etc.
- End-to-end machine learning model development experience
- Linux, containers such as Docjker, and orchestration tool such as Kubernetes
- Cloud services experience (AWS, Azure)
Minimum Clearance Requirements:
- No clearance is required at hiring; US Citizenship with ability to obtain a clearance is required.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Target Salary Range
$86,000 - $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.