Here at Scout Motors, we're carrying forward the heritage of one of the most iconic American vehicles in history. A vehicle dating back to 1960. One that forged the path for future generations of rugged SUVs and will do so once again.
But Scout is more than just a brand, it’s a legacy steeped in a culture of exploration, caretaking, and hard work.
Scout is all about respect. Respect for the environment by developing all-electric vehicles with the capability to get you to any location. Respect for the past and the future by taking an iconic American brand that hasn’t been around for a while, electrifying it, digitizing it, and loading it with American innovation. Respect for communities by creating a company that stands for its people and its customers. And respect for both work and play, with vehicles that are equally at home at a camp site, a job site, or on a Tuesday commute.
At Scout Motors, we empower our talented, inclusive, and entrepreneurial teams to innovate. What makes a Scout? Someone who is a visionary and a leader, who seeks new paths and shares lessons learned. A knowledgeable doer who collaborates across the company to build better. A go-getter with unrivaled passion. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply below.
What you’ll do
Become part of an iconic brand that is set to revolutionize the all-electric pick-up truck & rugged SUV marketplace by achieving the following:
- Help define the most advanced electric architecture in automotive industry.
- Develop architecture vehicle data process for Scout.
- Ensure process compliance while completing required electrical architecture deliverables.
- Steer to display interdependencies, identify inconsistencies, and create solutions in collaboration with main system architects.
- Ensure consistency of functional architecture, logical architecture, and physical architecture in-line with requirements.
- Actively manage interfaces including all relevant stakeholders in the context of electrical architecture.
- Strong cross-domain collaboration skills.
- Develop release process for communication matrixes for all Scout vehicles.
Location & Travel Expectations: The responsibilities of this role require attendance at in-person meetings and events regularly. This role will be based out of a Scout Motors office in Novi, MI. Applicants should expect that the role may require the ability to travel to participate in events on behalf of the company from time to time.
What you’ll bring
We expect all Scouts to have integrity, curiosity, resourcefulness, and strive to exhibit a positive attitude, as well as a growth mindset. You’ll be comfortable with change and flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You’ll take a collaborative approach to achieve ambitious goals. Here’s what else you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- 8+ years of professional experience in the automotive or software industry.
- Proven skills in developing architecture vehicle data processes.
- Excellent technical electrical architecture expertise in requirement specification, concept development, serial development, integration and testing.
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, presentation and written.
- Excellent integration skills – bringing people and the team together, steering processes and systems to achieve the overall entrepreneurial optimum, cooperatively solving target conflicts and finding solutions supported by all sides.
- Strong knowledge in Busnet and other data definition tools.
- Prior experience in using project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence).
- German language skills are a plus.
What you'll gain
The benefits of joining Scout include the chance to build products and a company from the ground up. This is a chance to create something new and lasting – with an iconic brand at its foundation. In addition, Scout provides competitive compensation and benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing. Program specifics are detailed in company policies and employee benefit guides, select highlights:
- Competitive insurance including:
- Medical, dental, vision and income protection plans
- 401(k) program with:
- An employer match and immediate vesting
- Generous Paid Time Off including:
- 20 days planned PTO, as accrued
- 40 hours of unplanned PTO and 14 company or floating holidays, annually
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave for biological and adoptive parents of all genders
- Paid leave for circumstances related to bereavement, jury duty, voting time, or military leave
- Corporate Vehicle Program with:
- Eligibility to lease up to 2 vehicles at competitive rates
This is a full-time, exempt position, eligible to receive a base salary and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial base salary range: $130,000 - $160,000
Internal leveling code: IC8
Scout is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected by law. Scout is committed to compliance with all applicable fair employment practice law
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.