Senior Data Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What’s it all about?
This role will manage change and operational needs to improve Visa’s data management capabilities and enable Data Science teams to deliver better and more impactful projects across the business.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Develop a deep understanding of Visa’s data assets and how they can be used to support Data Science activities across the company
- Build and maintain high performing ETL pipelines in Spark, Python or HIVE that process transaction and account level data and standardize data fields across various data sources, including data quality and testing aligned across technology, internal reporting and other functional teams
- Design, develop, and maintain reusable data assets that can be leveraged for project delivery and combined into productised solutions
- Create data dictionaries, setup/monitor data validation alerts and execute periodic jobs like performance dashboards, predictive models scoring for client’s deliverables
- Define and build technical/data documentation and experience with code version control systems (e.g. git). Ensure data accuracy, integrity and consistency
- Collaborate with Data Engineering teams in North America and other Global regions to production and maintenance of key data assets.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Solid relational modelling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python)
- Advanced experience in writing and optimizing efficient SQL queries with Python, Hive, Scala handling Large Data Sets in Big-Data Environments.
- Experience managing large-scale datasets using Big Data and distributed processing platforms such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- Experience with Unix/Shell and exposure to Scheduling tools such as Airflow.
- Long-term strategic thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with modern DevOps practices (including Git and CI/CD)
- Prior professional experience in data management or data governance
- Functional knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Background in payments or banking
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Land your dream job
Get a weekly email with the latest startup jobs.